I94 extension at Laredo Texas US Mexico Border, Old passport expired, Renewed passport

6 posts were split to a new topic: Do we need Mexico visa for Laredo TX US border crossing for i94?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Exact address to book a cab for Laredo bridge 1 from Laredo Airport?

4 posts were split to a new topic: Avoid crossing border at Laredo for i94 if CBP asks me to and come back to home in US?

4 posts were split to a new topic: Can I go to Laredo and get my I-94 extended after i94 expiry?

Hi Anil… I would like to thank you a lot for the step by step procedure you have written, I live in Arkansas and my son’s i94 was issued based on passport expiration and after renewing his passport I did speak with local CBP and as well USCIS and the only option what they suggested was to cross the border.

Nearest border is Loredo for me, so I did drive down to Loredo on Saturday 15th September, as I reached by evening I checked into the hotel and then went straight to CBP office by parking my car at gas station you had recommended.

At CBP office I was not even let inside and was asked to cross border, so I drove down to outlet mall and parked my car behind and did buy bridge ticket and crossed the bridge halfway.

Being weekend I was made to stand for stamping for 30 minutes, however things went through smoothly…

Thanks again for this guide…

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Need i94 extension after passport renewal - Does family also need if their i94 is valid?

Hi Anil,
Thanks for creating the blog with detailed instructions, it really helped us and will help much more to others.
I have my dependents I-94 extended at CBP Laredo TX last weekend. whole process took around 30 mins. We were not asked to cross the boarder.

Wow…good to know. Thanks for sharing your feedback. We appreciate it.

Hi Anil I see that a lot of people corrected the I94 dates after the passport renewal. This is my case my i94 expired jan 2018(which was my old passport expiry date) but i have my 797 until jan 2019 should I still try to make the change through one of the Border centers(San Diego or texas) are there any case like me. And what are my options.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Address for applying h4 ead

Hello Anil

I came to the USA from in H1 with my son(H4) on Mar-2020.

Our port of entry was Detroit(DMA)-Michigan.

I renewed my son’s passport since it was set to expire on Jan-2021.

His visa validity was granted till SEP-2022, however his I-94 was issued till his passport valid date Jan-2021.

I got my son’s new passport renewed a week ago(with in USA) and it is valid till July-2025.

I am looking for options to extent his I-94.

Should I renew his stay using I-539 application submission or any other options available to extend his stay?

Please advise.

Hi @man01

Read here:

Thanks Anil
Am I allowed to visit CBP now, means COVID-19 situation?
Is Border open for general public?

Since old i797 is revoked but have stamping for old i797 can i go and show new i797 to update i94 at laredo tx.

Also i have only photocopy of i797 and not original.

You need most recent approved i797.

Hi,
Can anyone please share any experience incase you extended your i94 at Laredo,Tx in last one month after passport renewal.

I am planning to travel this week from Dallas.

1 Like

Following as in smae situation

Anil,
Can you help on my question?
My I-94, and current passport expires by end of next January 2022. and I have my new passport also with me.
But my Stamped visa expired in March 1st, 2021.
Just as in this post, May I be ok to travel to Laredo and ask for I-94 renewal in person, even I have expired Stamped Visa?

Thank you in advance

Anil,
can you help my question ?

I have approved i797 with i94 for another 3 years and stamping expired and old passport expired & got new passport.
Need I94 update on new passport , can i travel to Laredo and ask for I-94 renewal in person, even I have expired Stamped Visa to get I94 update on new passport.

Thank you in advance

You can with no issues and use AVR for reentry with expired visa.

1 Like