I-539 COS H4 to F1 - is I-539A supplement form required?

Hi @arjun22
The dates are same for all Change of status applications.

Hi @Anil_Gupta,

Just to let you know that my wife’s COS H4 to F1 is approved in 2 months. Finally they have reduced the processing timings.

2 Likes

Hi @arjun22

Congratulations. Thanks for sharing the status.

Hi @Anil_Gupta, after they approve the status on Jun 28, still i have not received I-797 in mail? Do you know how much time they take to send I-797 after status approval? Do i need to contact them?

@Anil_Gupta - Any suggestion?

Hi @anonymous20

It can take upto 21 days to receive the approved i797.

Hi Arjun22,

Congrs to your wife’s approval. I wonder how you know your wife’s case is at the center of Potomac. I received only two notices from Texas (SRC), one received case and another on the biometrics notice. BTW, my case was also stuck at " Fingerprint Fee Was Received" dated three months ago. Thank you.

@Leon,

When we receive biometric letter from USCIS it was written Potomac.

My wife’s case was also stuck for almost two months then we had a stats as “case has been approved”. But we are still waiting I-797 letter.

Thank you Arjun. Wish your wife will receive the final approval notice soon.

Thank you. Wish you speedy update.

Hi @Anil_Gupta,

My wife;s classes startes from Aug 24, and still she had not received her I-797. Could you please let me know the reason and what should we do?

Hi @arjun22

You should call USCIS and ask for the reason of delay. You should have received the i797 by now.

@Anil_Gupta - How and where to contact USCIS? Can you share the number?

Hi @arjun22

Its available on USCIS website.

4 posts were split to a new topic: H4 to F1 approved, USCIS asking to fill for I824 to get duplicate i797

A post was split to a new topic: Do I need to fill i539A form if filing h4 extension for 6 yr alone?

Hello anil and arjun,

Did you have i140 approved at that time when filing F1 COS for your wife. What is the granted duration of stay to mention h4 validity date or f1 if f1 please tell me where to get this info.

Do i need to mail my application to Texas dallas lockbox and they will send it to other service center or based on my location (michigan) need to send it to Nebraska center.

Please tell me how biometrics work. Thanks.

Hi @Saranya_Sowrirajan

Your questions are confusing. You have to ask to-the-point and clear questions to get any meaningful response.

You have to choose the mailing address based on form i539 mailing instructions.

A post was split to a new topic: Is affadivit of support sufficient from my spouse for H4 to F1 financial document?

Hi Arjun,
I am applying for COS from H4 to F1. Can you please let me know the answers to below questions:
“If you were granted duration of stay (D/S)”?
Do I need to send notarized Financial Affidavit stating that I will be sponsoring her education?
For the proof of her education and living expenses mentioned on I-20, can i show my Stock/Shares statement along with bank statement?

Thank You!