I-539 COS H4 to F1 - is I-539A supplement form required?

Hi Anil,

My wife is filing I-539 form for COS from H4 to F1. Could you please answer following:

1. She doesn’t need to file I-539A supplement form, as she is the only applicant, right?
  2. What should be the Travel document number? Passport number or should i leave it blank?
  3. Should i check on “If you were granted duration of stay (D/S)”?
  4. Do i need to send notarized Financial Affidavit stating that I will be sponsoring her education?
  5. For the proof of her education and living expenses mentioned on I-20, can i show my Stock/Shares statement along with bank statement?
  6. What name should i give in Money order for USCIS?
  7. Should I make money order for $455 ($370 for I-539 and $85 for Biometrics) or 2 money orders for each?
  8. What is the correct address where i need to send the whole package? On website there are 2 different addresses for Texas?

I would really appreciate your help here.

Each i539 application needs to have i539A if there is an additional spouse or kid applicant.

Travel document number is your passport number.

Fees and mailing address should be as per instructions mentioned on i539 form.

Hi @Anil_Gupta,

You said each i539 application need to have i539A. But my wife (H4) is the only one who is filing the change of status form, why does she need to file i539A supplement form?

Could you please answer - Should i check on “If you were granted duration of stay (D/S)”?

How do I know if your wife was granted Duration of Stay or not? You should know it.

I think you can file only i539 in that case. Sorry, i think i assumed that you have a kid too.

Thanks for your reply.

My wife is on H4 visa valid till August 2020. Now she is filing COS to F1. What is exactly duration of stay mention in the form? Is it for H4 or F1?

It is normally for F1.

2 posts were split to a new topic: H4 to F1 for wife - will it be denied if my Perm is approved?

3 posts were split to a new topic: What documents are required for biometrics for H4 to F1 COS?

Hi @Anil_Gupta,

My wife went for biometrics for H4 to F1 on April 24. It’s been 2 months but still the status online has not changed. It still says “My Fingerprint Fee Was Received”.

Could you please let me know what should we do? Should we just wait or contact USICS?

Thanks

HI @arjun22

You should wait until your case receipt date is older than USCIS SR raise date. We have given the dates here:
https://www.am22tech.com/uscis/current-h4-processing-time/

@Anil_Gupta - These dates are COS to H4. my wife’s case is H4 to F1 COS.

Also the center is Potomac.

Hi @arjun22
The dates are same for all Change of status applications.

Hi @Anil_Gupta,

Just to let you know that my wife’s COS H4 to F1 is approved in 2 months. Finally they have reduced the processing timings.

2 Likes

Hi @arjun22

Congratulations. Thanks for sharing the status.

Hi @Anil_Gupta, after they approve the status on Jun 28, still i have not received I-797 in mail? Do you know how much time they take to send I-797 after status approval? Do i need to contact them?

@Anil_Gupta - Any suggestion?

Hi @anonymous20

It can take upto 21 days to receive the approved i797.

Hi Arjun22,

Congrs to your wife’s approval. I wonder how you know your wife’s case is at the center of Potomac. I received only two notices from Texas (SRC), one received case and another on the biometrics notice. BTW, my case was also stuck at " Fingerprint Fee Was Received" dated three months ago. Thank you.

@Leon,

When we receive biometric letter from USCIS it was written Potomac.

My wife’s case was also stuck for almost two months then we had a stats as “case has been approved”. But we are still waiting I-797 letter.

Thank you Arjun. Wish your wife will receive the final approval notice soon.