How to I calculate work experience for Australia PR? What type of visa do I come under?

(Stacia Rodricks) #1

I am a graphic designer and it appears under the skilled list. What type of visa will that be?

I have a Bachelors in Marketing from India but 2 years experience in Graphic Design

Then I moved to NZ and did a graduate diploma in Graphic design. I now have 2.5 years design experience in NZ.

Will they count my India experience since I didn’t have a degree in design then?
Do I submit both qualifications to VETASSES? Which Degree can I claim points for?


(Anil Gupta) #2

The visa number depends on what your intentions are.

If you want to file for Australia permanent residency based on your skills, then ot should be either 189 visa or 190 visa.

You can submit both education’s documents and then VETASSESS will assess them based on the job code you choose for yourself.


(Stacia Rodricks) #3

Would they consider the 2 years experience in Deign? That was obtained before my course in Deign.


(Anil Gupta) #4

I am not sure if VETASSESS will consider it or not. You will know only when you file for assessment.