How much time USCIS takes for RFE Response Review?

I got RFE in July end, I am not aware of the details, employer didn’t share but attorney responded to RFE and I got RFE response submission notification on Oct 28. It’s been more than 4 months now and still waiting. I am not in US at the moment and visa will be stamped abroad. What do you suggest about upgrading to premium at this stage?

Hi @Shahzad

Upgrading to premium is always useful as you can get the result within 15 days.

If you have the budget then I suggest to go for premium. Since you’re outside US you can pretty much make up that $1,500 of premium fees easily when you’re back in the US.

Hi Anil,
I submitted my RFE Response in Sep 27 2019. its been 160 days but still no response from USCIS. Is it normal or any steps need to be taken?

It is normal these days @hasde0071

You can raise a service request if your case receipt date is outside normal processing days.

2 Likes

Hi Shahzad, do you have any update on your RFE response from USCIS?

Hi Anil, does more delay in providing the status on the RFE response from USCIS increase the chances of H1B denial?

No, there is no relationship between taking more time and denial.

Processing time is more due to high number of pending cases and high workload. Delay does not mean denial.

Have patience and you will get approval sooner or later. Don’t believe the rumors and false information.

Thank you Anil for your quick response and clarification.

Hello Anil Gupta, hope you doing well , in December 3, 2019 I had joint interview i751 and n400.

I passed test and interview was very easy. After interview they gave me a letter requested for more evidence and whatever I had joint I sent them.

It’s almost 70 days and I did not hear anything back and no change in my status.

Could you please tell me how long will it take to make decision?

When I can contact my senator or representative for help? Thank you very much.

Hi @mas_sarwari

If you have read the discussion above, you would have figured that there is no fixed time for RFE response.

It varies by each case and usually takes 90+ days.

We don’t email anyone personally. Your email has been removed for security reasons.

1 Like

Hi @Anil_Gupta. My h1b is still in pending process. I submitted the rfe and its 234 days now still it says rfe received in the status. Is it now because of the covid-19 situation or should i take any other step for this?

You cannot take any step except to wait. Premium processing is suspended and hence, nothing can be done.

It may be delayed due to COVID-19. I can’t say for sure though.

Got RFE on 04/06 and USCIS received documents on 06/03. Application center : Vermont.
Initial H1B extension to Nebraska on 08/04/2019 and they sent to Vermont on 12/11/2019.
I am still waiting on RFE process and my 240 days will be over by 07/29.

1. Is there anyway attorney can check status with USCIS ? Will it cause any chance of rejection?
  2. Do I need to switch to Premium? Will it cause any chance of rejection?
  3. I am with same employer when I was filing for extension, if then can I be permitted to work after 240 days ?

Hi @Mathew

Please read above.

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to chime in. I received one of these RFEs on 03/28 for an I-102, sent the documents that same day. They got it on 04/02 and I submitted an inquiry on 06/25. They replied on 07/08 saying they are still working on it. So just waiting at this point. The original I-102 application was submitted in January. So it’s been 6 months. I almost feel like submitting another I-102 request at this point.

Hi I have filled my I-140 for Multinational Executive in Texas. The response to RFE was sent and 60 days are completed. How much are they taking these days for approval

For me it has been 130 days since they received my RFE response and no response from them yet :frowning:

I have submitted my RFE on 23rd July for H1 Extension but still waiting.

Hi everyone! Figured I would update on my situation. Below is my timeline

Sent I-102 application first week in January
USCIS sent RFE 03/28
USCIS received RFE response 04/02
USCIS approved application 10/01

So roughly 6 months to respond to RFE.

Thanks.