How do you get your Indian passport renewed in the US if you have filed for adjustment of status?

I am in the US on B1 visitor visa and i am trrying to fill the form for passport renewal for indian passport and it says to provide proof of legal status in US and one option is i-797.

I don’t understand which 797 is it asking for and does that notice of receipt need to say something specific?

I only have the 797 from USCIS for form 131 - advanced parole.

thanks in advance for your help.

You can submit i797 for form 131 as status proof.