H4 Visa(23rd March 2022) expiring in 3 weeks. Filed for H4 and H4 EAD, Current H4 stamping(16 May 2019) valid till had also expired

Hi,
My husband’s H4 visa and i94 are expiring in 3 weeks, we currently applied for H4 and H4 EAD. My H1 is approved. He doesnt have a valid visa stamping right now. Is it possible to get his i94 renewed by crossing border with my valid H1 I797A? Also please let me know if there are any other ways.
Thanks
Hima

1 Like

Yes.

hi Kalpesh,

Thanks for responding, in the article it says with expired stamping they had 50% success rate, does that mean they will be have old i94 from h4 i797A ? Also we are planning to go to San diego border, do you have any idea of the succesfull i94 renewals at that border?

Thanks

Thanks for all the inputs, we had crossed the border at San Ysidro Port of Entry in San Diego and were able to extend my husband’s i94 till my current H1 visa validity. Luckily his H4 also got approved but we have not received his I797A with i94 attached. So crossed the border and got his i94 extended. Now he can use auto renew of EAD and continue his work.