H4 i94 extension by visiting SENTRI CBP office

@psethi Thanks for providing more detailed info about the I94 extension. When the I94 gets new dates, will it be on the same I94 number as old one or a different one.

The reason is, I am wondering if there will be any impact to an existing h4 extension and EAD application.

Thank you.

Hey, I-94 number update is a bit of gray area. Because in our case, my I-94 number was updated to a new number whereas my husband’s number remained same.

Oh Ok…Thanks for providing the details.

Hi,
Do H1b have to travel along with H4 for H4 i94 extension?.

I have a valid visa stamped in my old passport until 2024 but my i 94 is expiring next month due to my passport expiration and planning to get it extended in the land border. I live in sfo and planning to travel alone since i have a little baby at home.

Hello Thank you everyone for sharing experience. we are also on the same boat.

Reg: H4 I94 EXTENSION for H4 EAD by visiting Canada.

we both have passport stamping till June 2022.

we got our H1 extension approved till 2025. H4 extension receipt notice with us.

I have few questions

1. Traveling to Canada thru Air and while returning shall we ask to extend i94 for all of us. Or only H4 dependents I94?

2. land or air which is recommended.

3. what are the documents needed to show them for i94 extension. I know H1 i797 is must.
    anything else we need to show them?

4. what happens, if officer refused to extend i94 for new i797 copy and gave another i94 with 2022 itself.
    4.a. Do we need to file H4 and H4 EAD again with i94?
    4.b. in case if i94 is extended till 2025, then also we need to refile H4 ext and H4 EAD with new i94?
    is statements 4.a. and 4.b. CORRECT?

Hi Anil,

I have a query does H4 extension automatically means that I-94 is approved?

Or I have to go out to get my I-94 renewal?

Thanks

@psethi thanks for sharing your experience.
We are also planning to travel to Canada by air.
Once we got our H4 i94 extended, then we no need to file again H4 I539 petition. Is this correct statement?
Traveling by road or Air which one is better approach.

@Permwaiting1 Hi…Did you have a valid H4 visa when you entered USA. Can you clarify?

Yes we had our stamped visa still valid for 2 more months.

Thanks so much for prompt response. We tried with only I94 extension (expired visa) and could not extend through land and air in Canada border. Now I clearly see the reason…Thank you.

Hi Anil,

My wife’s I-94 is expiring on 1st August 2022. Last week, we have visited Nogales, AZ along with my H1B 797 approval to extend my wife’s I-94. We explained her situation with H4 EAD expiration.

CBP officer at the border said that they cannot extend her I-94 without H4 approval.

Can you please suggest Is there any other way to extend her I-94 without air travel?

Thanks,
Surya