H4 extension got approved but receipt sent back to USCIS. Can I apply for H4 EAD?



My employer filled my H1 and H4 extension together. Both are approved but H4 copy went back to USCIS because of old address. I have the receipt number. I have sent request to USCIS to send back the document to new address and waiting for the document. Meanwhile Can I apply for H4 EAD with the approved receipt number?

(Anil Gupta) #2

You can apply but it is always good to include the copy of receipt as a proof.

It is your choice if you want to apply without the receipt copy.