H4 Extension application with H1B withdrawal

Hello All,
Looking for some advice.
I filed my H4b extension in March and it is still under processing. This was when my husband was working with Employer A. Meanwhile he got separated from Employer A. The H1b grace period got kicked in. Luckily within the grace period he got a new job with Employer B and his new H1b is also approved.

Since my H4b is still under processing, do I need to file a new H4b application with new H1b (Employer B) details or I can upload the new H1b details on the existing application.
Please advice.

If you filed your H4 extension online, you may want to upload the new copy of I797 approval notice for your husband if it allows you to do so.

If you filed paper application, you can send in the copy of new I797 for your husband, along the a cover letter explaining that your husband changed the employer. You can send to the service center that is processing your H4.

If this letter and copy of I797 do not make to your H4 file for whatever reason, USCIS may send a RFE for you to submit the copy of new I797 approval notice for your husband.

It is totally up to you if you want to file a new H4 based on your husband’s new I797.

1 Like

Hey Kalpesh,
Thank you very much for all the clarifications. I appreciate you took time and responding to me.This was really helpful.