Below is my current situation:
- I am currently on H4, with H4 EAD- expires on July 26, 2020. I did COS from F1 last year and already got my visa stamped in India in August 2019
- My husband got his H1B extension approved yesterday.
- I was not able to apply H4 extension with him due to some reasons (passport about to expire/ miscommunication with attorney)
My questions are:
- Do I still need to do bio-metrics though i already have H4 stamping?
- If I have to do bio-metrics, then is it better to:
- Apply for H4 extension and EAD from USA, or
- Go to India/ Mexico for H4 stamping and then apply for EAD once I come back? Can i even do that?
- What do you think are the usual processing times in both cases?
Thanks in advance!