My current H1B i797 approval notice is till 31Dec2020.
H4 dependents (spouse+toddler) , their extension was filed on March2020 and they got their receipt numbers ( Yet to receive Biometrics details). Their extension applications went to California Service Center and its current processing time on the USCIS website shows 10 to 13 months.
I will be moving to different state with my current employer for a new project and H1B amendment cum extension will be filed soon.
What happens if I don’t get any decision to the H4 dependents current visa extension that has already been filed. Their i94 expired on 10April2020 and 240 days grace period ends on 10Dec2020.
1 - Can they file an amendment to the existing H4 extension or file a new H4 extension with me ?
2.Do I need to wait to see if I get my H1B extension approved by Nov2020 in regular processing and immediately file their extension ?
3.Do I convert my H1B extension into premium by Nov2020 and then file their H4 extension?
4.Lastly, is there any provision to convert H4 extension into premium once premium processing resumes as I already have the i797 approval notice till Dec2020 ?
Really worried and confused , request to please help and advise.
Thanks and Regards !