H1B Visa Transfer and Working when in India

I traveled to India beginning of this year and got 221g when I attended for H1-B visa stamping. Submitted the requested documents and waiting on it. Recently I got an offer from another employer and is interested in transferring my H1-B with them.

Can I know if I can transfer my H1-B when I am outside of the US? Are there any risks involved?
If the transfer is approved, Can I start working for the new employer when I am still in India? and go for stamping with the new employer’s I-797 approval?

Please let me know. Thanks in Advance.

quote=“sreeram_p, post:1, topic:9260”]
I traveled to India beginning of this year and got 221g when I attended for H1-B visa stamping. Submitted the requested documents and waiting on it.
[/quote]

Did you try submitting NIE letter? May its held up due to travel ban once you submitted all other requested documents.

Yes.

Nothing to lose. At the most transfer may be denied for whatever reason and you will still be working for your current employer.

Yes however not recommended if you have decision waiting 221g case. If though your visa is approved you can use that to travel and present the new I797 at port of entry.

[

Thanks for your response.
221g was issued on March 4th and we responded back on April 29th. We have already sent that NIE letter to chennaiNIE, chennaiCIU and received generic response asking to wait as 221g is being processed. Beginning of this week we sent NIE to ChennaiH&L@state.gov which is the same email that we submitted the 221g requested documents.
Is it any other email that we need to send the NIE letter?

You did the right follow up.