H1B status: Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction

Hello Anil. Hope you are doing good. I tried to google but could not get right perspective as what does " Case Transferred And New Office Has Jurisdiction" and " Case Was Received At My Local Office" means. Any insights into this will really help me alot. Thanks in advance.

The above are the status email I got this morning.

It simply means that your case has been transferred from one USCIS service center to another.

You would have received a USPS mail too informing about the transfer.

USCIS regularly transfer cases from one center to other to balance their work load.

Appreciate the response…i started with that assumption and then read couple of “Call for an interview” comments so got confused.

Come what may we have to sail thru this pain…interview at local office or at white house we cannot budge down :slight_smile:…just for the sake of Visa…have a great weekend sir!

Whichever forum you read on, may have, people responding with their own mixed-up cases.
Call for interview is normally a case with i485 applications and not H1B.

People on forums just try to squeeze their own case irrespective of the content of original thread and the whole meaning is lost.

We try to separate the discussions into new thread on TruVisa.com to maintain the context.

very valid point!!! Specially in the times of greater sensitivity…its human nature to get easily influenced…I truly appreciate again for what you guys do here.

You are welcome. Let us know if you need more information.

My H1b Case was initially with Nebraska service center from Aug 14 and today on Dec 11 I see the updated status as Case has been transferred to new service center. I see that the avg processing time for Nebraska is 4.5 months, now that it has been transferred to new service center does this mean the cycle starts as fresh in new service center (for example in case of California its avg time is 8.5 months). So do I need to wait 8.5 months from now?

Thanks,
Abhi

Hi @Abhimannava

The new center will pick up your case based on their own work load and in the order that they received the case. It does not start fresh though.

Hi Abhimannava,

Mine also went to Nebraska and showed the same status.

Does your status is update now?

@Anil_Gupta, Could you please help us usually how many days it will take for status change?

Hi @Chiru

There is no fixed time for status to change.