H1B Stamping Drop Box Query

Hello Anil,

I’m travelling to India next week for stamping, initially I didn’t knew that I’m eligible for drop box. When I search for interview dates I found that in Kolkata I can get appointment with in 10 business days. From the last 3 years I’m in US and I have visa stamped till 30 March 2019. Since I’m in US from the last 3 years I selected the place where can I get the appointment quickly which is Kolkata, in DS160 and in appointment I have selected Kolkata as interview location. Later I found that I’m eligible for DROP BOX. Can I use any 11 drop box locations mentioned ( Want to do it in Chennai) , or since I have selected Kolkata in DS160 and In Appointment, Do I need to travel Kolkata to use dropbox facility, please advise.

In the Interview Waiver Confirmation Letter POST is printed as Kolkata.

Thanks & Regards,
Karthik

I think you can only drop off at the location that you have chosen and is printed on your confirmation letter.

You can call them and check if it can be changed.
I am not aware of the change process though.

Hello Anil,

Do I need to contact US travel docs through email or is there any dial number you can help me with.

Regards,
Karthik

Hello Anil,

One more question, there is no date on the drop box confirmation page. I got the confirmation on 18 of February for drop box is it fine If I drop on March 5. Please advise.

Regards,
Karthik

I think you can drop off as per your convenience.

There is an email contact address on usatraveldocs website. Use it.

Thank You for your help Anil !

Hello Anil,

I haven’t submitted DS160 yet for Kolkata location, I only booked the appointment in Kolkata.
Can I proceed to reschedule the appointment to Chennai and re do the DS160 for Chennai. I’m eligible for dropbox. Please advise.
Regards,
Karthik

Check this my answer for similar question earlier: