H1B Perm/Travel

Hi, I’m on H1B Visa. I would like to know:

1. Can I do international travel when my any of the PERM steps - Prevailing Wage Determination or Recruitment or ETA 9089 is in process?
  2. When I’m out of US, can I apply any of the PERM filing steps - Prevailing Wage Determination or Recruitment or ETA 9089
  3. Can I apply my passport for renewal when any of the PERM filing steps - Prevailing Wage Determination or Recruitment or ETA 9089 is in process?
  4. Can I enter the US with less than 6 months on H1B Visa?

Thank you in advance!

Yes.

Yes, PERM is for a future job and the beneficiary may or may not be present in the US.

Yes.

Yes. You may even enter on the date of visa expiry. It’s just a travel document and need to be valid when you enter the US.

Thank you for the quick response!

1. Can I enter the US if passport expires in less than 6 months?
  2. Also, if my passport expires in Feb mid and valid H1B till Feb end. Does it affect anyway?

Yes, India is exempt from the 6 months requirement however CBP will issue I-94 till the passport expiry which means you will need to file for an extension of status application before your I-94 expires or will need to visit CBP at Mexico or Canada border to extend I-94 after your passport is renewed.