H1B expiration PERM processing

Hello,

I am currently under a valid H1B VISA (5th year) with my employer, which will expired 6/6/2021. My employer is planning to file PERM for me (hasn’t file yet, still in the process preparing documentation).

• How long the current PERM process will take between files prevailing wage request to post filing approval?
  • Is it too late for me to file PERM? If PERM petition hasn’t been approved prior to 6/6/2021, will I lose the H1B VISA status?
  • I spent 50 days outside of US back to 2015, Can I file H1B extension to recapture those days now?
  • My employer plan to file my PERM using a future role. If they file the H1B amendment, will my H1B expiration date change?
  • My spouse is under H1B status also, should I consider to transfer to H4 EAD right now? Or if it is too risky due to the current H4 EAD revocation?
  • If H4 EAD is an option, do I have the option to do H1B - H4 EAD - H1B pending PERM approval with the same employer? (Once get PERM approval, can my employer file COS back to H1B, and file I140)

Thank you,
Caroline

Please read this as it has answers to all your questions:

Thank you for the information.