H1B-critical infrastructure exempt worker - form 221g admin Processing

Can I request for an immediate consular appointment while my application is still in admin processing?
I believe I am a critical infrastructure, exempt worker and my employer is still looking for my immediate return.

Have you got form 221g? What documents have been requested?

I have 221g and it says must appear for interview

You will have to prove the emergency on paper to be eligible for an expedited appointment. If you can, then go ahead and apply.

Yes, But is it like I have to withdraw my current application and initiate a new under EA ?

Thanks Anil

No, you just ask them for expedited appointment using the same DS160 application number.