H1B Approved but change of status denied

A post was split to a new topic: Is H1B transfer easy or tough?

@agjhaveri Hi Vraj, I am in the same boat as you. Can you please tell me what happened after that?
Does doing more than 12 months of CPT ruin the chances of H1b approval?
Does that make you out of status? I am in the middle of my semester and have already crossed my 12 year full-time cpt today. I don’t know if i should leave immediately as my DSO still says I am on valid CPT but my lawyer says USCIS will consider this out of status.

Does this affect my H1b? Will it affect getting my h1b approved or COS? Can I apply for consulate visa after I get my H1b approved?

Best,
Archie

Hi I’m on the same boat. My cos is denied and I asked my university to reactivate my SEVIS and my i94 is active. May I know that happened to your case. I’m little worried about my case now. Plz reply.

Hi Anil. I have the same situation and I guess I got the same blanket letter from USCIS stating I was out of status as my F1 ended. I filed the application when it was active. So technically it never ended. And while your H1b application is filed, your cap-gap automatically activates.
But the thing is me or my employer never got I-797 from USCIS.

This is kind of a dark hole to be honest. I haven’t been able to get a resolution to my situation yet. My employer or I never got any physical documents after receiving this particular letter from USCIS. My employer tried to get answers but USCIS sent an email to my employer’s ticket saying “physical documents have been sent to the US consulate in New Delhi”. I did some research and came to a conclusion that it means I needed to go back to India and get it stamped there.

But my company never received I-797 yet. I dont know how I will be able to book an appointment at the embassy without I-797!!! No idea what to do. Any help would be beneficial .