Thanks for your time in reviewing/answering query. Please see the details below.
- PERM applied on Sep-2016.
- Perm approved on March 3rd 2017.
- Applied for H1B extension on March 21 2017 (six months earlier) and got approved for 3 years i.e.
[Sep 2017 (start date) to Sep 2020 (end date)]. During this extension PERM was not attached.
- Applied for i140 on July 2017 (in premium) and got approval in July 2017.
- H1B max out date is SEP 2018.
Question: When we applied for extension in Mar 2017, we got approval beyond 6 years (i.e. sep 2018) and i140 was not attached as we didn’t had it.
As I have approval till SEP 2020 should i wait to apply till 2020 or should i apply now along with I-140 as that was not included earlier during 2017.
- Employer says no need to go for extension now and we can include i140 when we apply for extension in 2020.
- One attorney said we should for extension now while second felt no need as PERM and I-140 is approved.
Anyone experience in this scenario or your opinion is appreciated.