H1B Amendment for Name Change in passport

Hi Anil,
I have a query regarding name correction (name split) amendment for H1b visa.

H1b stamped in passport, H1B amendment pending for name change

My visa stamping was done on Aug’18 and mid Sep’18 my name correction amendment (Name split) was filed.
I got the receipt but still waiting for approval.

Can I travel using the receipt notice or I need to wait for approval?

Name as per stamped passport: First Name – abc xyz , Last Name - <blank>
Name a per new passport (corrected) : First Name – abc , Last Name - xyz

Since this amendment is only for my name split as per my new passport so normally how much time it should take for the approval and is there any way to expedite it?

All H1B amendments are same and follow the same processing time.
You can check the current processing time here.

You can travel using the current H1B stamp in your passport.

Thanks Anil…I will be travelling to US first time, so still I can travel with the amendment receipt and no need to wait for approval?

You should carry the original i797 notice of receipt with you and should show if asked by immigration officer at US port of entry.
Yes, you can travel without amendment approval as your amendment is only for name change.