I have traveled to India last October as my extension wasn’t filed in time. My company has filed new cap exempt h1b visa and now I have stamped h1b visa from company A.
Unfortunately before I travel to states travel ban came in to act and I got stuck in india. Recently I got my national interest exception on family separation basis. But the project I was supposed to go for moved to offshore and that particular client came up with a new rule that they don’t need any new hire on-site. Since I don’t see any hope with company A, I am planning to apply for new jobs from India.
My question here is :
If I get a job with new employer and they are ready to file h1 transfer for me can they initiate the transfer while I am still in India ? If they could then can I travel to USA as soon as I get h1 transfer receipt notice or do I need to wait until I get approval notice?
if I have to wait until I get approval notice in hand then could I just travel with my new approval notice and previously stamped h1b visa ? Or do I need to go for stamping again ?
If I am able to find a project with company A before I get my transfer approval or after I get transfer approval then can I just void the transfer and travel ?