H1-B upgrade to premium processing - will H4 + H4 EAD be upgraded too?

On Apr 11, 2019 my husband’s employer filed H1-B extension for my husband and H4 extension and EAD renewal for me.
I have also received an appointment for bio metrics.

Now my husband’s employer is going to file an application with USCIS to upgrade his application with premium processing.

I wanted to know if my H4 extension and EAD renewal will be processed along with H1-B in premium processing in this case?
While filing for upgrade, is it necessary to explicitly (if there is any way to do so) inform USCIS about the associated H4 ext and EAD?

Thanks.

Generally, the H4 and H4 EAD will be processed in premium timeline too if you upgrade h1B to premium.

There is no separate process to inform USCIS to connect H4 and H4 EAD to premium H1B. They already are connected.

But, with new biometrics requirement for H4, the premium timeline will any way not be honored.

Hi Sheetal,

Did you try upgrading H1B application to premium processing AFTER the biometrics appointment? There is a chance that this might work and I am eager to see if someone has tried it already.

I will be applying mine soon too, and would definitely be trying this

Hi @achillestroy
Many people have tried it but the result is same. H4 and H4 EAD are being processed in regular queue.

Yes, our H1B upgrade to premium was done after my biometrics appointment.
H1B processed in premium but H4EAD is pushed to regular queue :frowning:

Don’t worry. We just saw first H4EAD approval after Biometric in 2 months.

You should be able to see it soon.

That’s a great news!
Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Hi Anil,

We are filing H1 extension for my husband, H4 extension for my 17 year old daughter and H4 extension and H4 EAD renewal for myself. As we are hearing lot of delays with H4 EAD processing times, i would like to know if it a good idea to apply my daughter’s extension along with my H4/EAD or should i only apply for H4 extension now and file H4 EAD later? As my daughter would be going for college this fall trying to avoid delays. Also my husband is filing in premium processing. I really appreciate your suggestion. Thank you!

I don’t think it would matter. You can apply both H4 at same time.

Thank you so much for your help! Any idea how many months it is taking for H4 renewals?

Hi,

H4ead process time will take long. What do do. This problem will solve or not? Nearly it will take 1year.