File H1B change of status to H4 while H1B amendment is pending

I am in H1B status with a valid I-94. We filed for my H1B amendment but the result is still awaited.
Is it possible to apply for change of status to H-4 while the amendment is still pending decision?

Yes, you can file change of status while amendment is pending.