F1 COS denied due to mistake in syllabi

I have applied for change of status from H4 to F1 and I got denied due to the mistake in course syllabus, because of this USCIS termed me as not a full time student. What should I do in this case. should I apply for a reconsideration or Reapply again.

The main requirement of the course is that student has to attend 2 courses per semester, one online course and 2nd Hybrid( online + 1 weekend mandatory residency classes at college) . But the remaining 4 out of 3 courses are described as online in syllabi which is mistake from the school.

What should I do in this case .
Please tell me what is reconsideration or reopen. Which is fit best in my case. Please note course is ending in October 2020.

you need to show all courses in classroom and during weekday …only both will clearly shows genuine intent

1 Like

That I have done. In Rfe they asked us to provide syllabi which we sent them. Now DSO of college is agreed that it is their(college) mistake. Now what should I do. I am in complete dilemma.

Hi @MonikaJain

You can apply again as new application with correct details and attach a letter from DSO accepting their mistake.

If u go for reopen or reconsideration, how much time it will take. What is basic difference in both reopen and reconsideration.

Reconsideration can take any amount of time and usually takes 6+ months.

Hi Anil,

I have applied for F1 COS from H4 on February 15, 2020 but my biometric is still pending because of Covid 19 pandemic. I am thinking of taking a semester break. My course is about to end on 10 October 2020 and if I take a break of 2 months, the end date will be december 2020.
Here I want to understand few point

1. What are the consequences of this break in between semester?
  2. Am I still eligible for OPT if I take a break?
  3. How to Inform USCIS about this break?