Could you please help me in below case in light of NTA policy update on Sep 26, 2018
My H1B/I-94 will expire on 30-Sep
Wife H4/1-94 will expire on 30-Sep
H1B extension is filled in regular category on 15-Sep.
I am planning to continue my stay in US for authorized 240 days.
If we receive denial decision say for example on 20-Dec:
NTA will be not be issued for H1B/ i129 extension , I can leave immediately ( the days from 30-Sep to 20-Dec will be counted authorized days ).
Correct? or am I wrong and NTA can be issued to H1B extension too?
NTA can be issue for H4/ i539 extension?
Or can we just leave country after denial without any consequence ( just accumulating a few days ) say we leave on 23-Dec?
- Do H4/i539 extension also have authorized 240 days?
- can they leave any time in 240 days before decision is taken ( like on 1-Dec )?