EB2/EB3 Movement of priority dates

I have a quick question on the lastest movement of the priority dates. Please find the details below -

Currently on EB2 priority Date - June 27th 2011 (Company - xxx) (Upgraded)
Prior on EB3 priority Date - June 27th 2011 (Company - xxx, same company as EB2)

Since I have both valid EB2/EB3 (Had confirmed from the lawyer in past), can I move with the EB3 and take advantage of dates movement. Thanks!

RegardsJaideep

I would consult with your lawyer as well but there is literally no harm if its the same employer. The only real cost to the employer is 485 and attorney fees.

Would you know if you could still honor your Eb2 priority date during the final action date should they become current?

Thanks Nimit!
Would you know if you could still honour your Eb2 priority date during the final action date should they become current? I am not sure if I understand the question but if it is to ask if I am willing to move back to EB2 then answer is yes.

Yes you can. Here is the thread shared by @Anil_Gupta - File EB2 to EB3 downgrade i140 + i485. Replace EB3 i140 with EB2 i140 if EB2 gets current now? - #2 by Anil_Gupta

Link in the article - Interfiling New Immigrant Petition into Pending I-485 Case (1 of 2) - Murthy Law Firm | U.S Immigration Law

1 Like