DS 160 : specialized skills or training, such as firearms, explosives, nuclear, biological, or chemical experience

Hi Anil, apologies for bugging you once again. You have been a great source of help when I was renewing my passport from USA.

My wife is currently filling up her DS 160 for J2 visa. In DS 160, there is question “Do you have any specialized skills or training, such as firearms, explosives, nuclear, biological, or chemical experience?”.

I am unsure as whether the answer should be “YES” or “NO”.

On face value it seems that the question concerns weaponry or warfare…My wife has a bachelors and masters degree in Anthropology, and she was also working as a research fellow in an Anthropology lab till last year.

She has experience in molecular biology techniques, which are routinely used by anthropologists for various kinds of analysis.
Any insight from your end would be extremely helpful.

As per my limited understanding of Anthropology (searched on Google for it’s meaning), you should answer ‘No’.

The question specifically asks for training in bilogical methods of warfare tools like chemicals that can destroy something etc.

1 Like