Dropbox again after H1B stamping already done with dropbox before

Hi Anil,

My last visa stamping was done through drop box in Apr-2016 and it got expired recently, so if i visit India within 1 year then am I eligible for drop box again?

can i have back to back visa stamping through drop box or there is a high chance i could be called for interview?

There is no change in employment or Visa Class.

Thanks!

If you are eligible and qualify as per the Dropbox questionnaire, then there should be no issue in another dropbox visa stamping.

In 2016, I was eligible for the Visa Drop Box program. I got the H1B visa through a drop box facility.

Are there any changes in this year to apply for IWP?

In 2010, I had a B1 Visa denied, but I was qualified for IWP in 2016. Now my H1B is expiring, I got the renewal and I am just checking whether I am eligible for drop box facility or not?

Hi @visa1

You can check your H1B visa Dropbox eligibility here:

Hi,
the confusion was at #7 question from US VIsa dropbox checker…

I had already used drop box program for My H1B in 2016 ( I was qualified that time, even though I had B1 denied in 2010), but below question confusing me, since I am going for H1B renewal again with drop box facility but the requirement says ( I have no refusals for a visa in any class), earlier it used to be along with “after my most visa issuance” . Please clarfiy.

#7 I have no refusals for a visa in any class after my most recent visa issuance.

This question asks for visa refusal after your last visa issuance but when you actually go for appointment booking online, the question changes to ‘any visa refusal anytime in past’. Hence, we have changed it here.

Thanks
Babu

Hi @visa1

The question has been changed by USATravelDocs and we have made the same change in our app.

It looks like now, they are asking for visa refusal anytime in past.

Ok thanks. sorry for more questions, I will check after finishing DS160. just curious to know, is it confirmed that the USATravelDocs changed? or your dropbox checker updated based on couple of feedbacks since in online, it says same old question…

Based on your previous communication with the one of the member of this group, below were the system generated questions, and one of the question was : “Have you ever been refused a H-1B” not the any kind of visa, it seem…

1. Do you have a previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee)? --> Yes
  2. Was your prior H1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”?–> No
  3. Was your most recent visa (in the same class for which you are applying) lost or stolen or cancelled? --> No
  4. Have you ever been refused a H-1B (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) visa before? --> Yes (one time visa was denied but no denial after my most recent visa issuance in 2018 )
  5. Did your most recent application for a H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) result in you being issued the visa? --> No

These are the questions posted by user after going through the Dropbox process. So, this should be correct.

one feedback I would like to share based on my experience with drop box facility.

These are the actual questions I got and I am eligibile for drop box. the question you should change is “instead of Any refusal any time” to “any H1B visa refused earlier, like mentioned below”

A. Do you have a previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee)?  YES
B. Was your prior H1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) annotated “Clearance Received” or “Department Authorization”?  NO
C. Was your most recent visa (in the same class for which you are applying) lost or stolen or cancelled?  NO
D. Have you ever been refused a H-1B (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) visa before?  NO
E. Is your previous H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) still valid?  YES
F. Was your most recent H-1B visa (temporary occupation, temporary worker or trainee) issued in India after January 1, 2008?  YES

Hi @visa1
Thanks ror sharing.

I think we have already changed the question to reflect this.

Not yet … I think…

It seem there is a questionair to check eligibility for drop box… that needs to be updated. I will leave it you.

Hi @visa1

Yes, i am talking about the same questionairre where we are now asking that previous visa should be exactly same as the visa now.

Earlier, the question was about visa in same class.