Dont have Income tax documents

(Anonymous) #1

Hello Anil,

I hope you are doing well. I have a similar query, is it mandatory to submit income tax documents during the PR process to show proof of employment (assessing authority VETASSES)?

Will salary slips, appointment letters with salary breakup, experience certificates, relieving letters, salary increment letters not suffice?

I have all of these except the income tax documents. Your advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

(Anil Gupta) #2

Did you not file Income tax returns when you earned salary? You must have been earning more than minimum income in India.

Income tax documents are not mandatory but they help prove that you do not owe anything to Indian government and were paying your taxes.

(Anonymous) #3

Thank you for letting me know so quickly. I did file returns before I relocated to the US and I do have the W2 forms. I will file for returns here in India for the period after I returned to India.

My employment is overseas and I talked to my tax consultant and he says I am not liable to pay taxes in India as I am providing services overseas. He said he will file zero returns on my behalf.

I hope that should be enough. Thank you again for your advice.

(Anil Gupta) #4

You can submit W2 for the period you were in USA and for rest of the time in India, use Indian ITR.
There is no boundation as to how many
years tax returns are required.
We usually recommend last 3 years.

Also, income tax documents are not required for VETASSESS assessment.

You will need them at the time of submitting your PR invite.
So, you have time.