Does the ACS accept a developer programmer with hardware computer engineer degree as ICT major?

(Mohammad Olfat Miri) #1

I’m a developer programmer with 5 years experience, I graduated with bachelor degree in " Computer Hardware engineering".
Does the Australian Computer Society (ACS) accept my application as ICT major?

(Anil Gupta) #2

The chances are high that your computer hardware degree will not be considered as ICT major for Developer programmer job code.

(Mohammad Olfat Miri) #3

Thank you. Is there any job code that would be highly related to computer hardware degree?

(Anil Gupta) #4

All job codes are available here. Please check yourself.

(Mohammad Olfat Miri) #5

To be honest I can ask my employer to change my job title, is there any chance for me with Systems Administrator job code and computer hardware degree ?

Systems Administrator:
Description of Employment Duties:
• designing and maintaining database architecture, data structures, tables, dictionaries and naming
conventions to ensure the accuracy and completeness of all data master files
• performing the operational establishment and preventive maintenance of backups, recovery procedures, and
enforcing security and integrity controls
• implementing and administering database documentation, guidelines, policies and procedures
• testing database systems and upgrades, such as debugging, tracking, reproduction, logging and resolving all
identified problems, according to approved quality testing scripts, procedures and processes
• accepting responsibility for the processes, procedures and operational management associated with system
security and disaster recovery planning
• liaising with security vendors, suppliers, service providers and external resources; analyzing, recommending,
installing and maintaining software security applications; and monitoring contractual obligations,
performance delivery and service level agreements
• troubleshooting and providing service support in diagnosing, resolving and repairing server-related hardware
and software malfunctions, encompassing workstations and communication infrastructure
• preparing and maintaining documentation, policies and instructions, and recording and detailing operational
procedures and system logs
• ensuring that the design of computer sites allows all components to fit together and work properly, and
monitoring and adjusting the performance of networks
• continually surveying the current computer site to determine future network needs and making
recommendations for enhancements in the implementation of future servers and networks

Thank for your help.

(Anil Gupta) #6

The job title does not make any difference. Its the job details that are counted.

If you want a detailed analysis, please opt for our paid consulting service. We can’t judge your job detail on forum.