Difference between L2 EAD and H4 EAD Processing time

Hi There,

I would like to check what would be the processing time for L2 EAD. Will there be a difference in the processing time between H4 and L2?
Also will the L2 EAD also depend on the L1A or L1B Visa status? Will EAD for L2 it be faster if its under L1A?

Whats the current processing time in California centre?

Would it be OK to call them to confirm, We have been waiting for 80 days now and dont see any update

Regards,
LakJai01

Processing time for L2 EAD in California

We track current Processing time for L2 EAD (Updated Daily) here:

Will there be a difference in the processing time between H4 and L2?

I assume you mean the H4 and L2 visa petition processing time.

Yes, there will be a difference between processing time. Each application type has different processing time based on USCIS center and the application form.

L2 EAD is dependent on L1 Visa status?

Yes, L2 EAD is dependent on L1 and L2 visa status. EAD can only be approved if the parent L1 and L2 are approved and in valid status.

Will EAD for L2 it be faster if its under L1A?

The processing time depends on the specific center and type of applications USCIS is processing.
Currently, they only publish data based on the form that you submit.

For EAD, the form is common i.e. i765 .
Hence, we have to assume that all EAD applications are having same processing delays.

Can we call USCIS?

Yes, you can call them.
But, if the processing time published by USCIS is showing more than 80 days for EAD processing, they will not do anything.
They will just ask you to wait.

USCIS only creates a service request for your case if your case has waited for more time than the time delay published by USCIS (that we track daily on above link).