Did any H1b crossed border and Re-entered with Automatic ReValidation recently?

Did anyone on h1b crossed border and came back using Automatic revalidation recently?

Expired H1B in Passport, reenter using H1 transfer approval?

I have expired H1B visa in my passport but changed employer recently. Wondering if it’s possible to re-enter using the recent H1 approval from new employer?

Pending H1 to H4 COS with H4 COS withdrawal letter sent

Also I have a H1 to H4 COS pending, for which is I sent withdrawal letter already. Will it just be cancelled when I cross border? Will it cause any issues while re-entering?

Is Automatic Revalidation allowed if H1 H4 COS is pending?

Am I eligible for re-entering with Automatic revalidation since my H1 H4 COS is pending (though it’s not a pending visa) ? OR not eligible due to the pending COS?

Is Mexico Visa Required to cross from US to Mexico?

Also if I want to enter Mexico from Californa for just couple of hours, do I need to take Mexico visa in advance? OR Do they give it on arrival?

Please confirm?

Expired H1B in Passport, reenter using H1 transfer approval - Yes, you can use Automatic ReValidation

If you have your i797 approval (even if from new H1B employer) and an un-expired i94, you can use it re-enter US with automatic Revalidation at US port of Entry.

Pending H1 to H4 COS with H4 COS withdrawal letter sent

As far as I know, once you leave the US when your ‘Change of Status’ application is pending, it will be abandoned by USCIS automatically.

Is Automatic Revalidation allowed if H1 H4 COS is pending?

Automatic ReValidation is only allowed with approved i797 and un-expired i94 which in your case is your H1B visa.
So, you can use it to enter US.

Is Mexico Visa Required to cross from US to Mexico?

Mexico visa is not required if you have a valid US visa or un-expired i797.

More questions about Automatic ReValidation have been answered here in detail:

Hi Anil ,

Thanks for your reply.Want to double check couple of points:

1. In that link it shows people with pending or denied visa applications are not eligible for automatic revalidation.
    Is a pending H1 to H4 COS considered as pending visa application ?
    Are you sure it won’t make me ineligible?

2. You mentioned I may not need Mexico visa.
    Do they provide a temporary visa at their port of entry in Mexico or do we need to get any other documentation to get permission to enter Mexico?

Please confirm.

1. There is a difference between Visa and your Change of Status petition within US.
    Visa (a foil pasted in your passport) is issued by US embassy and not USCIS.

If you read the article again, it says that you should not have a pending visa application at US embassy in Canada or Mexico at the time of re-entry.

I am not sure what is your purpose here.

I would not recommend to cross border and try ReValidation simply to cancel H1 to H4 COS.
    That is too risky in today’s times.

You should first check with your Attorney to make sure it makes sense for your specific case. Your attorney knows your case details and past results.
    This forum is for guidance only and we can’t really give you everything without knowing each and every case detail.

2. If you really want Mexico visa, you have to check their website. I am not aware of their process.
    I have myself traveled to Mexico once and used my US visa stamp in passport to enter there.