Current passport has Indian hostel as permanent address. Aadhar card has parent's address

(Anonymous) #1

Hi Anil,

I am going to apply for my passport renewal soon and need your help on below queries.

1. Aadhar card address different than current hostel address on passport

Regarding the permanent address field, I have my Aadhar card that has my permanent address but this is different from the address in my passport (which has my college hostel’s address).
So, what address should I mention now?

2. Is there a police verification again if I change to my permanent address?

For now, I didn’t select change address option and opting to have US address in my passport.

3. Details of 2 relatives - Parents?

Can I mention my parents name staying in the same address as that in my Aadhar card? Again, is there any verification that takes place?

4. Should I fill the government form first?

Because the web application number is not accepted when I retry.

Thanks!

(Anil Gupta) #2

1. Use Aadhar address on new passport

If you choose to print your Indian address on new passport AND it has now changed from the current printed address, you will have to provide the address proof, which in your case is Aadhar card.
You can choose to use it. It is your choice.

If you want to keep your Indian Hostel address intact in new passport, there is no address proof required.

2. There is no police verification done.

Also, If you are asking for US address in new passport, then there is no need to provide Indian address proof.

3. Two Indian relatives

You can just mention your home address and give your parents as 2 relatives. No verification is done.

4. Fill NRI online form through CKGS website

I strongly recommend to start your application at CKGS website.

(Rhea Bhargava) #3

What if I dont really want my indian address on my passport and my previous indian address was of a hostel. Do I still need to submit an indian address proof?

(Anil Gupta) #4

Hi @Rhea_Bhargava

No need to submit Indian address proof if you want your US address printed on new passport.

More information here: