Claiming work experience before becoming qualified for 189-190 PR



Hello my question is I am a solid plasterer and want to know can I claim work experience done before I got my trade papers?
When I put my EOI in I only put in my graduate year so 5 points but have been in the trade for 4 years (2 years are full time and 2 years part-time wile at TAFE) I have references, payslips and tax documents to prove this?

(Anil Gupta) #2

You cannot claim points before you have the assessment done.


Ok thank you then my only choice to increase my points from 60 is to redo the English test and get the extra 10 points.
I used the PTE English test before but found it hard with my dyslexia to get 10 points would I find the ielts easier?

(Anil Gupta) #4

As per my opinion, PTE is better option if you want to score high.

You can try my notes:


Ok I will study with your notes and redo the PTE in January

Just to clarify with you I applied for EOI NSW 190 in solid plastering with 65 pints 21,October 2018 would that be enough to get me a invitation any time soon

(Anil Gupta) #6

It’s a bit difficult with 65 points.


So it’s just a guessing game if I stay on same points.

Thank you for all your help I learned more from you today than talking to numerous agents and TRA who are clueless

(Anil Gupta) #8

You are welcome.
You best chance is with highest English score.


Another question would it help me that all my work experience and trade qualification was completed in Australia?

(Anil Gupta) #10

Yes, work and education in Australia gives you extra points.
Have you already added those points to reach 65?
Use this calculator to find your skillselect points:


I ment is it viewed more favourably on having your experience and tafe done in Australia than abroad?

(Anil Gupta) #12

The PR is not based on views but points.
So, if you are eligible to get those points, you can claim them.

If you don’t claim them, you do not get any points.

There is no favor as such.