Claim Australia Work experience points for working online for Australian Company?

(Anonymous) #1

Hi Anil,
I’m freelancer graphic designer and working on Australian company from 2012 and also i have 5 years full time job experience with footwear brands.

I have done 3 years diploma and graduation from IGNOU. and now i’m running my own company of designing. My wife also done her graduation, & Master in Mathematics.

So kindly advice we need to do IELTS or PTE for Australia PR process??

and can i get some points of my online work that i’m working on Australian platform from 2012?? Kindly advice me for the same.
Thank you

(Anil Gupta) #2

Australia work experience points cannot be claimed if worked outside Australia

You cannot claim Australia Work experience points as you have not worked while living in Australia. It is based on your location + company location and not only company based.

English language test is required

Yes, you need to take English language test. It is your choice if you want to take IELTS or PTE. I recommend PTE.
Your wife will also need to take this test if she cannot get a letter from her university that her ‘medium of study’ was English.

(Anonymous) #3

Thank you for your quick response.

  1. Okay, i’ll do PTE but she didn’t get any letter from her university but her medium was English.

  2. One more thing in my all the original documents i have only name “Amit” without my surname but in my all the work experience i have with surname so kindly suggest me something so that it will not create any problem in verification.

  3. % will meter in graduation or not?

(Anil Gupta) #4
  1. She will need the letter. If she can’t get letter, then she also has to give PTE exam.

  2. Name should be okay.

  3. No percentage is judged. Only passing is required and you should have completed the course.