Citizenship Online Application

Hi Anil,

I received my PR on 16 Nov, 2018 and am getting ready to apply for the citizenship on 16 Nov, this year. I know I can only lodge the application after this date (a 12-month stay as a PR) and just wanted to get it started in advance.

When I moved to the page 6 (Residence eligibility), somehow there is a warning that “The applicant may not currently meet the residence criteria to apply for conferral of Australian citizenship”. How shall I proceed with it since I am not lodging it yet? Does that mean I can only start the application on 16 Nov?

Another question is about the police clearances. Can I use the FBI one that I submitted for my PR application along with the NPCS one or it has to be within 12 months?

Thank you

Hi @JC_Jan

I am not sure if the citizenship application can be lodged or created in draft mode before you are actually eligible.

You would need a new PCC as the FBI clearance is only valid for 12 months from the date of issue.

No worries, Anil. I am starting the application now.
Just another quick question:
Does this parent have the details of the last passport used to enter or depart Australia?

If my parents have never been to Australia, shall I tick off “NO” ? It’s just that it’s hard to get the passport info from my father as we don’t contact each other anymore due to complicated family reasons.

Cheers

You can answer No if you don’t know their details.