Thank you for your service to this community. I would really appreciate your inputs to my query here:
- I need to renew my H1B visa (I have a I-140 approved for my GC process) that is valid through March 2020. My employer is ready to do premium processing for extension of my visa
- I have two children - one college going and ageing out next October - and the other in high school
- Both children and my spouse are on H4 visas currently and have valid I-94s.
- My spouse has a valid EAD currently.
- Is it better to file visa extension requests for my dependents simultaneously with my premium processing knowing well that there is no premium processing available for dependents? H4 visa extension requests apparently can take up to 6-8 months.
- I am told that doing premium processing first for my H1B visa extension and using that as the basis for visa extension of my dependents is possible by going to either Canada/India and applying for visa stamping there. This process is apparently quicker than expecting USCIS to process the H4 visas in the US. Would you agree? I am also told this process would assist with a new I-94 so I could kill two birds with one stone.
- I am also planning to do a status change for my elder son (who is ageing out next year) to F1 to ensure continuity in education. Will my current I-140 approval status hinder his i-539 approval in any way?