Change of Place of Birth while Passport Reissuance in USA

I am renewing my passport in USA as its expiry is due. In my old passport alphabet ‘a’ was missing and I am trying to correct that and I have relevant documents to prove it.
My question is should I enter the right spelling of PoB while filling the form or the wrong one printed in my old passport. As VSF Global clearly says that details in form has to match old passport.
Please let me know what you think.