Canada Visit visa application got denied twice

(Shabana Noreen ) #1

My application for visit visa to Canada got rejected twice in 2017. The reasons given were that i was unable to satisfy that I would leave Canada at the end of my stay as a temporary resident for the following reasons:

• immigration status in country of residence
  • purpose of visit
  • current employment status
  • personal assets and financial assets

Back then, i was working as an auditor in one of the big four audit firms and had attached the letter from my employer along with my application. I believe I provided adequate documentation from my side but the visa got denied even the second time. I had applied for me, my husband and my son. Honestly, I thought I had provided all supports they would need, so the rejection came across as a surprise to me as I had a good travel history, a decent job and sufficient bank balance (i think so)…

My sister moved to Canada early this year, she is continuing her higher studies in University of British Columbia. She is there with her children and I want to go and visit her.

Is it alright to give her reference and attach an invitation from her side?

Also, what supporting documents should I provide to support my immigration status in the country of residence and for my assets (personal and financial). Is it the right time to reapply?

(Anil Gupta) #2

What country are you currently residing in? Is it USA?

(Shabana Noreen ) #3

No, I live in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. I have been living here for more than thirty years now.

(Anil Gupta) #4

Ok. I am not sure why Canada visa officer have doubt on your intentions to not come back.

You can show your property papers, leave approval requests from Employer (if you are employed) to prove that you have ties with Dubai and will return.

(Shabana Noreen ) #5

Sure, thank you Anil.

1 Like