Can we get 8+ years experience with 6 months as an entrepreneur in last 10 years?

Hello!

I graduated from college in India in May 2009, and have worked for a reputed software MNC in India from May 2009 to July 2019. At the time of leaving my job, I had completed 10 years and 2 months of employment that is highly relevant to the occupation I will be submitting for a skills assessment.

Since I quit I have been trying different business ideas as an entrepreneur, which involved doing a lot of software engineering. However I have not registered a company or received any revenues to date.

As I understand ACS will deduct 2 years from my experience in the previous 10 years to arrive at my eligibility date, after which it will count my relevant work experience. As it stands, my corporate work-ex will fall short of 8+ years by around 6 months.

Is there anyone else who was in a similar situation regarding work-ex? Is there some way to claim relevant work-ex as an entrepreneur?

Appreciate the help!

Regards,
Renzil

If you can prove your entrepreneur work was paid work and was in the same field as your job code, you should be able to get that assessed positively.

You will need to submit the RPL project report on what you actually did.

Thank you @Anil_Gupta for the prompt reply. Unfortunately being an early-stage B2C startup, there are no revenues in the last 6 months.

I have seen some articles online that suggest that I may still be able to claim points for 8+ years of experience, even if ACS does not recognize my full work-ex.

https://www.expatforum.com/expats/australia-expat-forum-expats-living-australia/1494022-changes-work-experience-points.html

I am thinking of doing this instead, as I do have 10 years of relevant work-ex. I just didn’t realize it needed to be in the previous 10 years to claim 8+ years, which after ACS deducts 2 years would only be possible if I did not take a break from work. In my case, it is a matter of only 6 months.

@Anil_Gupta - are you aware of this policy change in evaluating work-ex? If yes, would you recommend giving it a shot?

I have read this policy only on iscah. There is no such news from any official sources yet.

So, i cannot say if this will be implemented or not.

Thank you @Anil_Gupta.