Can L1A extend beyond 7 years with approved i140?

Hi @abhinav1979

You have asked a different question this time and hence answer is different.

i140 approval does not automatically mean that i485 is pending unless you have already filed i485.

i485 EAD/AP is usually issued for 2 years.

Thanks and when can the I485 be filed only when the date is current , What does current date mean and also would concurrent filing help in this case.

You can check if your PD date is current or not in USCIS visa bulletin.

Ok Thanks ! Would concurrent filing help to save time

Yes, concurrent filing is recommended.

If you are an Indian citizen, then you cannot file concurrently as the priority dates are not current.

My case is similar . I will be crossing 7 year with L1A & I140 Approved state this October. My priority date is 2020. Can i switch to H4 dependent visa post Oct 2020 after i complete my 7th year & wait for the date to become current ?
Once its current , i will have my Attorney to proceed with I485 and then EAD. I can understand wait time may go beyond 2 years and i will be unemployed under my Spouse visa. This way i dont have to travel and be with my family here… Kindly help me with your suggestions… thanks!

A post was split to a new topic: Can L2EAD do multiple jobs? One full time and one part time job?

Hi @SwiftIndian

You can file H4 COS.

Thanks Anil. But would that allow me to switch back and Apply for I485 when the dates become Current ? I dont like to travel outside US for obvious reasons…Thanks Again for the help.

Hello Anil, I guess I have a basic question. If someone finishes all possible L1A extensions(7 years+ extensions) and I-140 is complete. He has to move back to India before the PD is current and gets PD as current after a year or so. Can the person file for I-485(DS-260 consular processing) while living in India? Also possibly changing jobs or switching employer post the move?
Follow up question, are the chances of GC rejection high for someone doing through consular processing while L1A is expired as opposed to someone who does Adjustment of Status?

Thanks in advance for your response!

Hi @SwiftIndian

You can file i485 while staying on H4.

Hi @Davis_Mathew_Kuriako

You can file GC application in India with US embassy.

Your job should exist at the time of applying GC with the same Employer who holds your i140.

Hi,

If L1A 7 year tenure completes while the I140 is still under process what are the options/ways to return back to US

1. Do I need to leave US and go back to my home/other countries
  2. Do I have to wait for cooling period of 1 year for applying a new L1A petition and come back only after a new petition and visa availed?
  3. If the I140 gets approved post leaving US, is there a way to return back quicker than waiting for the new L1A petition?

Please help me with what are the options here.

Thanks
Shyaaml

Hi Anil - What is the new rule for premium processing ! is it applicable for L2 , L2 EAD and EB1C I-140 … I have all three above in process hence the question . From when it is in effect …

Regards ,
Abhinav

Hi @abhinav1979

Please read details here about new L2, L2 EAD and EB1C premium processing.

Thanks Anil - You have been a great help … Not clear from the article hence the query - L2 , l2 EAD and Eb1 C I-140 premium is allowed now or still Senate has to pass.

Not sure if you read the whole article.

It has been passed as a law but USCIS needs to frame and issue the rules. USCIS has not issued any rules as of today.

I am in similar situation, however I40 is not approved yet. What if is I40 is in process, can I still go on H4 EAD?