Can i use business experience as work experience points for Australian immigration

(madhan kumar) #1

I am Mechanical Engineering graduate with 9+ years of experience in scrap metal trading in my dad’s company. I am will to work in Australia and to pursued for Australian PR.
My business experience involves all aspects of business such as
Sorting of metal
Quality of metal(base metal identification, alloys of metal)
Testing of metals
Value estimation of scrap piles, machinery, industrial metal wast etc.,
Recycling technology (metal and plastic)
day to day business activities
Buying and selling of scrap metal to various industrial requirement.
Overall, involves many other roles as well.
Education: Mechanical Engineering
Age: 35
Language Test: under going training
Please let me know if it is possible to get Austrian PR. If so help me to find the most relevant occupational code, which i can apply with.

(Anil Gupta) #2

Have you looked at the list of ANZSCO codes and found any code that’s closest to your work experience?

(madhan kumar) #3

133612 (Procurement Manager): Plans, organises, directs, controls and coordinates the procurement and purchasing of materials, products and services for an organisation.

233112 (Materials Engineer): Investigates the properties of metals, ceramics, polymers and other materials and assesses and develops their engineering and commercial applications.

234912 (Metallurgist): Researches, develops, controls and provides advice on processes used in extracting metals from their ores, and processes used for casting, alloying, heat treating or welding refined metals, alloys and other materials to produce commercial metal products or develop new alloys and processes. Registration or licensing may be required.

312912 (Metallurgical or Materials Technician): Tests materials as part of mineral and metal processing and refining, or for research into metals, ceramics, polymers and other materials in support of Metallurgists and Materials Engineers. Registration or licensing may be required.

(Anil Gupta) #4

Good. You should choose one of these that you think will match the most with your work experience.

The one you choose will then need to be assessed by assessment agency. Once you get positive report from assessment agency, you can file and Australia EOI to claim points.

(madhan kumar) #5

Thanks bro…will do so.