Can I use automatic revalidation when H4 extension application pending?

Hi Madhu,
We are planning to visit Texas border in few weeks, can I speak to you to understand the process and your experience. Will appreciate your help. -8043006878 pushkar

Hi Madhumita , did you had to cross the boder at Laredo Texas . I am planning my travel tomorrow and I was talking to a CBP office and he was not aware of this rule. Their policy is to issue I94 based on 797 and for my H4 dependent we dont have an approved 797 yet … Did you had to wxplain this AVR auto validation rule to the CBP officer ?

Binoy

Hi Madhumitha,

I am in the same situation waiting to get my spouse H1B extesntion approval. I am thinking of traveling to mexico or canada to get my I94. Were you able to travel Mexico to get your I94 renewed? Could you pls share the details how to get visa/travel card for mexico or canada? Thanks,
Sailaja Prakash

Hi @Kalpesh_Dalwadi @Anil_Gupta ,

I am planning to travel to Cancun for my getting my H4 i94 extended. We have mexican tourism visa.

Currently my spouse’s H1B is approved until 2025 and I have valid i94 until June 15 attached to my current H4 I797. But our visa stamps are expired in the passport.

Do we qualify for AVR in this case? We are planning to air travel.

What are the chances that my i94 (h4) will be extended to my spouse’s current i797(2025).

Do they ask for valid visa stamps in the passport. I have a question as where they will put the ‘admit until’ stamp.

Please provide the answers as it will be helpful for us. Thanks!

You can use AVR however you can go to CBP at Mexico border instead of cancun to extend your I-94. Make sure you go before your I-94 expires.

Hi Naresh,

I read your case and it’s very similar to mine. I will be going to Nogales, Mexico for an office event for a day on June 16,2022. I am on H4 EAD. My US visa is expired and I do have an I-94 and I-797 till October 22. I have got my Mexico visa done. My husband’s I-797 I’d up for extension, we hope to get it before my travel.

Question:
What are the documents shall I carry ?
Do I need a Mexico travel card ?
Do my husband have to accompany me in this travel?
What questions do the officers typically ask?
Can I get my I-94 extended (if I can show the updated I-797)
Did you hear any bad travel experience at Nogales, Sonora, Mexico border ?

Thanks a lot!
Best,
Debi