Can i file for 7th year H1 extension based on approved perm?

Hi,

My perm was applied on September 30, 2019. It got approved on March 25, 2020. My H1 (after recapturing all days spent outside US) ends on August 02, 2020. USCIS has currently stopped I140 premium processing temporarily. What options am i left with (assuming my I140 is not approved by my H1 max out date) apart from moving back to India? Can my employer apply for the 7th year H1 extension based on the approved perm?

Approved PERM can only help if it was filed 365 days ago for filing H1B extension.

If you can’t get i140 approved, i am afraid, the only option would be to leave US.

Thanks Anil for your quick response.
So the 365 days counter starts from the day my PERM got approved or from the day my PERM petition was filed? And if it is from the PERM petition filed date then in my case can I stay outside USA for 2 months (before 2nd Aug)and come back to get 365 days to come in to effect for filing 7th year H1B extension?

As i clearly answered earlier, the timer starts from PERM filing date.

You can go out of US and file extension to recapture vacation time. This can push your 6 year max out date forward.