Can I file COS for H-4 to F-1 for my son without attorney?

Hello Friends,

My Son will be 21 year old next year. What is the best option for him to get F-1?

  1. Go to Canada or India and stamp F-1?
  2. File COS for H-4 to F-1? Can I file COS without attorney? Can someone who got COS approval for his F-1 can grey out your information and share I-539 as sample to make sure how to file?

Appreciate all your help.

Thank you,

You can file F1 yourself.

Its better to file change of status than going out for visa stamping.

Thank you very much for your response!