Can H1B applicant file an e-request - Case Outside Normal Processing Time?

Hello Anil,

Greetings!!!

First of all, thank you for everything that you do to guide many of us on immigration issues. Really appreciate your help. :slightly_smiling_face:

Currently I am working in India and my employer has filed for H1B Amendment + Extension (client & location change) in June, Receipt date: June 28, 2019 at Vermont. Around mid of August, the status on USCIS website changed to " My Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction : On August 16, 2019, we transferred your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EAC1921****, to another USCIS office. That office now has jurisdiction over your case. …**" . As of this day, the decision is still pending with USCIS.

By looking at the current processing times of Vermont or Nebraska centers for H1B I-129 - Extension/Amendment cases, I have below questions:

1. Does my case fall under the category of Outside normal processing time?

2. Am I eligible to file an e-request for this case in USCIS website Or only Attorney should be filing this request?

Thanks & Regards,
Kumar

Hi @kumar_a

You have to look at case processing dates based on your receipt number code and the initial service center. So, you can raise SR only if Vermont’s date has passed your receipt date.

Only your employer can raise the service request as H1B has been filed by employer.

1 Like

Hello Anil,

Greetings!!! Thank you for the clarification.

I have couple more questions. Request you to please provide your thoughts.

1. My case initial filing center is Vermont and per USCIS website the processing times are as below. Which one of these I need to follow for Amendment - Outside US?

1. What does ‘UU’ means in my case initial receipt notice?

Thanks & Regards,
Kumar

You have to see ‘extension of status’ dates.
I don’t know what UU means.

1 Like

Hello Anil,

Thank you very much for the quick reply :slightly_smiling_face:

Regards,
Kumar