Birth Certificate of minor from indian Embassy

(Nikk) #1

Hello Anil,

My son was born in Tokyo Japan and I got his first Indian passport there from the Indian Consulate, Tokyo.

I had lost that document due to some untoward incident.
I am right now in USA and would like to get the birth certificate again.

Would contacting Indian Embassy here in USA be of any help?

I would like to know the process of getting his original birth certificate re-issued again. Looking forward for your inputs on this.

(Anil Gupta) #2

Was the birth certificate issued by Indian embassy of Japan earlier? or was it issued by relevant authority from Japan?

(Nikk) #3

It was issued by the Indian embassy of Japan earlier,

(Anil Gupta) #4

You can request it from Indian Embassy then. But, you will have to probably provide proof of earlier birth certificate.

I have not gone through this process but it should be simple.

(Nikk) #5

Oh Great!!
Will reach out to them them and see if I get through with the process.