Birth Certificate mismatch for Family based Green Card AOS

I am applying for AOS (my husband is my sponsor for Family based Green Card) early next year. There is a mismatch in my name in Birth Certificate from all other documents. I spoke to few attorneys who suggested I get the correction made in the birth certificate in India (for which I will have to follow a legal name change process).
Even though I have time to do the legal name change, I would like to know if anyone has experienced similar issues or have knowledge of such instances and how they tackled this, in this forum.
Your advice would be much appreciated.


Hi @Ashwini_Naidu

It is better to get the name changed in birth certificate or get the name changed in all other documents to match birth certificate.

It is better to do this while you have time to avoid issues later.