Australia Skill Select Current Employment period End Date - EOI Visa 189

Leave current employment date empty in EOI after ACS assessment?

I am about to submit my EOI after my ACS assessment.

I had my relevant skill employment assessed.
For my current active employment, the ACS report shows the period from Oct to March, but I am still employed at the same company and my experience does not end in March.

The EOI help says:

IMPORTANT: Clients who have an opinion on their skilled employees from the relevant assessing authority should enter employment periods as specified on the letter from the assessing authority.

and also says:

For current employment, the ‘end date’ field should be left blank. SkillSelect will continue to tally periods of employment from the date of EOI submission to the date of invitation to apply. Therefore, the client must update their EOI if their employment details change.

Isn’t it contradictory?
Should I copy the dates as mentioned in the assessment outcome letter?
or should I leave the end date blank as mentioned later?

If I entered the date as mentioned in the ACS assessment letter, won’t this be considered the wrong information as I am still working there?

and if I didn’t write anything at the end date, wouldn’t this be contradicting with the mentioned note?

SkillSelect allows to leave current employment end date empty

For current employment, you are allowed to leave the ‘End Date’ as blank.

You have the option of either using the dates mentioned on ACS letter or use the exact dates as you have really worked on.
My advice is to leave the current employment’s date empty.

ACS evaluation is ONLY provided only up to the point when you submit the application for your current active employment.
The gap between the EOI submission and actual EOI invitation will be considered for adding points, if you have got your employment verified by ACS.

Official Employment Time Period guidance straight for Filling SkillSelect

Provide details of the client’s employment history for the last 10 years.

For current employment, the ‘end date’ field should be left blank. SkillSelect will continue to tally periods of employment from date of EOI submission to the date of invitation to apply. Therefore, the client must update their EOI if their employment details change.

For Points Tested visas: Like 189 and 190

To be awarded points for employment it must meet three requirements:

• it was undertaken after the client meets at least the entry level requirements as set by the relevant assessing authority for that occupation (that is, completed a sufficient level of study and or amount of on-the-job training);
  • it involved duties at the level of depth and complexity expected in Australia, and
  • it meets the standards of skilled employment set by the relevant assessing authority for that occupation.

A client is considered skilled and therefore eligible for claiming employment points from the date the relevant assessing authority considers a client to be skilled in the nominated occupation.

It is beneficial for the client to obtain advice on their skilled employment by the relevant skills assessing authority as it provides clarity on the number of points the client is eligible for. Visa processing officers provide precedence to this advice when assessing employment history.

You have ACS/Accessing authority report evaluation letter? YES

IMPORTANT
Clients i.e. applicant, who have an opinion (Employment evaluation letter) on their skilled employment from the relevant assessing authority (like ACS) should enter employment periods as specified on the letter from the assessing authority.

You do not have the Accessing authority Letter

Where the relevant assessing authority does not provide an opinion on skilled employment and there are no standards set by the relevant assessing authority available on their website, clients need to provide evidence of employment experience after the date they completed qualifications and necessary skilled employment as per the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations.

Any periods of skilled employment must have been undertaken at the required skill level. Any gaps which are periods when the client was not in employment cannot be counted as periods of skilled employment. While the client is able to include previous employment that is not related to the nominated or closely related occupation, no points will be awarded.

Hi Anil. I am leaving my current job next month on 2nd Oct. Currently on notice period.
What should I put my End Date of employment?
Do I need to go for a reassessment after 2nd Oct. I am not planning to claim any further points for my experience.

Hi @Chandra_Shekhar

You can update the EOI on Oct 2 to write the end date. Leave it blank if you are filling the EOI today.

If you do not plan to claim points for period after Oct 2, then re-assessment is not required.

Hi Anil, what can be happen If I would claim for 3 years experience on EOI before completing 3 years with leaving the “date to” empty. Untill the time of the invitation, assume that I will complete 3 years with the same employer. According to the official website, at the time of the invitation is the reference point for the employment point. So would it be overclaiming or will it be allright to claim? What does " will be considered for adding points" mean, if claiming 3 years before completing 3 years means overclaim. Thanks for help.

Offcourse, claiming 3 years before completing 3 years is over claim.
Why do you want to claim 3 years before actually getting 3 years? Just to get invite faster? If you do get an invite with wrong claim at the time of invite, you have a bigger risk.

Your application cannot be evaluated by case officer until you have paid the full fees. If case officer rejects your points claim, you will lose all your money.

Thank you for the answer, so what does the sentence mentioned above mean?

It means that you would need a new assessment to claim points for the time period between leaving the current job and the date of invite.

So does it mean this: before getting invited, I can submit new EOI(with the new date of effect) to claim more points if I exceed any threshold(3 years-8 years etc) while I am being employed by the same employer. So that is why I should leave empty the end date. So at that point, Skill select will tally periods of my employment till the new EOI submission? (It doesn’t same thing to tally till the date of invitation in my opinion but I want it to clarify)

Thank you for answering again.

You can leave the end date empty and EOI will automatically increase the work experience points as and when it crosses the next threshold.

There is no need to create a new EOI.

And the date of effect will be updated automatically then?

Yes, date of effect will be updated automatically.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Leave ACS current employment date blank to get points?